2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $28,165 MSRP*
- All-electric powertrain with standard-range (70.0 kWh lithium-ion battery) and extended-range (91.0 kWh battery) options with a targeted maximum range of an EPA-estimated 314 miles
- Mach-E GT Performance Edition 0-60 MPH in 3.5 seconds (480 horsepower / 634 lb-ft of torque)
- Drainable front trunk storage unit with 4.7 cubic feet and interior cargo capacity of 59.7 cubic feet
- Three unique drive experiences – Whisper, Engage, and Unbridled
- Next-generation SYNC with 15.5-inch touchscreen display
- Charge time – 10% to 80% in approximately 45 minutes while charging on a DC fast charging station (standard range)
- Ford Mobile Charger (included) adds an estimated average range of 20 miles per charging hour on a 240V outlet
About the Ford Mustang Mach-E
A true milestone in the storied history of the Mustang that’s spanned over 5 decades, Ford has expanded its model range to include the all-electric Mustang Mach-E. Engineered with the same principles that have made the Mustang a driver-favorite all over the world, the Mustang Mach-E delivers thrilling performance, the freedom of the open road, and a dash of rebellious spirit. Designed just a few blocks away from the original Ford factory in Detroit, MI – the concept of the Mustang Mach-E was heavily influenced by the notion of meeting the customer’s needs and desires. Its sharp, striking SUV profile delivers agile handling and remarkable capability made possible by its sophisticated all-electric powertrain. This blend of exhilaration and everyday versatility helps the Mustang Mach-E adapt to all types of lifestyles. Drivers will have their choice of two range options, the freedom to access DC fast charging stations, and also have access to a standard on-board Ford mobile charger. Configurable drive modes, innovative infotainment technology, and a truly unrivaled driving experience help demonstrate the exhilarating strengths of the Ford Mustang Mach-E.
What the Critics Say
“Along with its attention-getting appearance, the Mach-E has a handsomely appointed interior that’s brimming with the latest tech. It also has nifty storage solutions, a spacious back seat, and lots of cargo space. Get behind the wheel and the electrified Mustang feels agile and quick. The sportiest version hits 60 mph in 3.7 seconds (quicker than a Mustang Mach 1) and the rangiest versions are estimated to travel more than 300 miles per charge.” — Car and Driver
“The Mach-E accelerates swiftly and silently, and it offers up to 305 miles of driving range on a full charge. It’s relaxing to drive on Main Street yet fun to pilot on winding roads, and its luxe cabin provides generous seating space and cargo room. This Ford also boasts an easy-to-use infotainment system and lots of driver assistance features, including BlueCruise, which is a hands-free driving mode.” — U.S. News & World Report
What’s New for 2022
After its hotly-anticipated arrival last year, the Ford Mustang Mach-E returns for 2022 to build on its award-winning formula with a number of key updates. Both the standard and extended range versions of the Mach-E have received slightly increased battery capacities. All-wheel drive is now an option on California Route 1 models and a heated steering wheel is now standard equipment on these trims as well. GT models now feature a standard black-painted roof for 2022. Additional miscellaneous changes include the addition of a new Ice White Edition model and the availability of Cyber Orange and Grabber Blue paint colors. Both colors were previously restricted to only GT models.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Features
Viewed from any angle, the Ford Mustang Mach-E embodies the appearance and spirit of the Mustang namesake. Striking exterior design cues include its chiseled hood, poised rear haunch design, menacing headlights, and iconic tri-bar taillamps. Both functional and stylish, smart engineering helps the Mustang Mach-E make no sacrifices on rear-seat passenger room or overall cargo capacity. Perfect for your next trip to the beach or tailgate party, you can take advantage of the unique front trunk compartment that features a drain plug and 4.8 cubic feet of cargo space. A true departure from the bland, uninspired styling typically associated with electric vehicles – the Mustang Mach-E stands out from the competition. In a similar fashion that’s helped the legendary Mustang earn the hearts of drivers all over the globe, the Ford Mustang Mach-E expands this namesake’s uninhibited passion.
Bringing an entirely new meaning to the idea of “electrifying” performance, the Ford Mustang Mach-E is offered with both standard and extended-range battery configurations along with either rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive paired to permanent magnet motors. Rear-wheel drive Mustang Mach-E models equipped with the extended-range battery are able to deliver an impressive EPA-estimated 314 miles of total range. Two performance models, the GT and GT Performance Edition, take the exhilaration to the next level. In fact, the GT Performance Edition delivers 480 horsepower and 634 lb-ft of torque along with a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds. Charge times are just as impressive, with an estimated charge time from 10 percent to 80 percent in approximately 38 45 minutes using a DC fast charging station. For streamlined performance in extreme weather and improved charge times, the Mustang Mach-E batteries benefit from liquid-cooled technology.
Perfectly complementing its thrilling electric performance capabilities, the cabin of the Ford Mustang Mach-E welcomes occupants with an impressive collection of technology features. Prominently showcased in the center of its streamlined dashboard is the latest generation of the SYNC® communications and entertainment system, equipped with machine-learning capabilities and over-the-air updates that adapt to the personal preferences of the driver. A colossal 15.5-inch display features swipe, pinch, and touch controls that are as intuitive to use as your smartphone. Ambient lighting lets you personalize the mood inside your Mustang Mach-E. Perfect for those living active lifestyles, the Mustang Mach-E delivers a total of 59.7 cubic feet of cargo capacity. Modern, minimalist, and sleek are just three adjectives to describe the futuristic cabin of the Ford Mustang Mach-E.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $43,895 MSRP*
- Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0 and Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0
- Brembo™ front brake calipers
- Selectable Drive Modes: Engage, Whisper and Unbridled
- E-Latch Push Button Door Openers
- FordPass™ Connect with 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- Staring at $49,100 MSRP*
- B&O™ Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with 9 speakers and subwoofer
- LED projector headlamps with LED signature lighting
- 360-Degree Camera with Split View and Front Washer
- SYNC® 4A with Enhanced Voice Recognition
- Panoramic fixed-glass roof with Infrared Reflective (IRR) windshield
California Route 1
- Starting at $52,775 MSRP*
- Battery – Extended-range high-voltage
- Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package
- Power-folding sideview mirrors
- Intelligent Access with push-button start
- 18-inch High-Gloss Black-Painted Aluminum with Low-Gloss Black Aero Cover
- Starting at $61,995 MSRP*
- Upgraded Secondary Electric Motor
- Sport Style Front Row Seats with Black Onyx ActiveX™ w/ Miko® upholstery
- Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Liftgate
- Unique GT Badging
- 20-inch Cast Aluminum Wheels
*Current MSRP for base vehicle. Excludes destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge. Optional equipment not included. Starting A, Z and X Plan price is for qualified, eligible customers and excludes document fee, destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration. Not all vehicles qualify for A, Z or X Plan. All Mustang Shelby GT350® and Shelby® GT350R prices exclude gas guzzler tax.
**Based on full charge. Actual range varies with conditions such as external environment, vehicle use, vehicle maintenance, lithium-ion battery age and state of health.